Harness the power of nature to increase production, profit and pleasure on your property…
Would you like to make your property as healthy, productive and beautiful as it can be? Then don’t miss this free, fully catered special expo for land managers, large and small, in the Gunning and Yass districts. Whether you are contemplating a complete farm makeover, renovating a dam or just bunging in a small shelter belt, this event will provide you with plenty of tips on how you can make a world of difference to your property.
This event will provide a rare opportunity to hear from our keynote speaker, Professor David Lindenmayer AO, who is a leading expert in landscape ecology, conservation and biodiversity. We will hear from two local landowners, Matt Doyle (Bowning) and Margie Fitzpatrick (Goulburn) who have applied the principles that we will be discussing on their properties. In addition, we will visit a local property on Rye Park Road Dalton to see the benefits of using trees first-hand.
Representatives from participating organisations will be available to to talk about potential funding and assitance they can offer you, and provide advice about some of the products you can use for landscape management.
Exhibitors will include:
- The Yass Habitat Linkages project – funding is now available for people in the Yass district and much of the Gunning area
- South East Local Land Services – information and advice about funding opportunities to improve primary production within healthy landscapes
- Upper Lachlan Shire Council – talk to a weeds inspector and find out the best way to control your weeds
- Rivers of Carbon – providing funding information and advice
- Greening Australia – advice on revegetation farms large and small
- Land for Wildlife – opportunity to register for a property assessment
- Gunning District Fox Eradication Program
- Jacqui Stol from CSIRO – pick up a copy of the new booklet Checking for Change – a practical guide to checking whether sites newly managed for conservation are on track to improve
- Global Land Repair – find out about a range of tree guards and other products for your planting projects
We invite you to join us for a great day with fine country catering in the company of friends and neighbours. We hope to see you there!
When: Saturday 4th of March, 8.30am – 3.30pm
Where: Gunning Showground Hall, Lerida Street, Gunning
RSVP Essential: Please RSVP to Greening Australia on 6253 3035 or email@example.com by Monday 27th February for catering purposes, dietary requirements and to ensure your place at this event.
More information about the program for the day can be found in the flyer here.