Rivers of Carbon — Guidelines for tree planting and workshops
Thanks for choosing to spend the day with us. Your safety is important to us. By following these simple guidelines, we can all have a fun and productive day.
Below are the general conditions for attending events, please discuss any concerns or requirements you have on the day with the coordinator.
- Please do not attend this event if you have been unwell or have COVID 19 symptoms. Masks are welcome to be worn at all of our events.
- Wear appropriate clothing for the conditions including covered shoes (no thongs or open shoes). Bring warm clothes, a hat, long pants, a long sleeve shirt and shoes suitable for planting trees and weeding.
- You may be walking through long grass, keep an eye out for snakes and spiders.
- Please be respectful of farm animals which can be unpredictable. Follow the guidelines of the host farmer and leave any gates as you find them.
- Follow the safety directions of the coordinator and only participate in activities you are capable of.
- Keep hydrated and rest when needed.
- The venue we are visiting may have biosecurity measures in place. Farm biosecurity measures prevent the spread of pests, diseases and weeds in the community. You may be asked to park in a certain place or walk through a foot bath. Please follow directions about this if required.
- Please bring your own pens, paper, sunscreen, keep cup and a water bottle.
- You cannot bring dogs to this event (even in cars). Contact us if you have special requirements for assistance dogs.
- If you have any mobility needs or dietary concerns, please get in touch so we can make your experience enjoyable. If you are on a very restricted diet, please consider bringing your own food.
- If you are bringing children to this event they must be under your direct supervision at all times. We have identified risks that may be of concern to you including unfenced water bodies, farm equipment and animals. Please follow our directions to keep them safe.
- Photographs of you may be taken while at this event for the purposes of acquitting grant monies, reporting and publicity. If you do not want your (or your children’s) photograph published in print or online talk to the event coordinator.
By signing in you agree you have read and understood these conditions.
If you have any concerns about your safety or that of anyone else, please let us know, above all have fun and enjoy your day!